Friday, April 3, 2009

In Nautica, the Tables Are Turned

Thank you for contacting www.Nautica.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies for all the difficulties you have experienced with your order. We strive to offer you a level of service that delights you and invites you to return. We are always disappointed when we learn we have fallen short of our goal!

Please be assured that we will do everything we can to expedite your credit for the remaining three ties. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

If you have additional questions, please visit our online Customer Service section. Again, thank you for contacting us.

Sincerely,
The Customer Service Team
www.Nautica.com

***

Dear Customer Service Team,

What happened to Rachel C? I thought I was getting somewhere in the high seas of Nautica, but now the North Star has disappeared from the night sky, and I feel rudderless. Drifting through these dark waters, I try to articulate my feelings. Is it delighted, as you suggest? Perhaps not. Do I feel invited to return to Nautica? This is a difficult question to answer, as I'm not sure I will ever leave this strange place. But I fear you're being too hard on yourself. If your goal is collecting money for a product and providing that product, yes, I must admit, you have failed quite miserably. But if your goal is launching me on a dazzling journey whose end I cannot begin to imagine, then this has been a tremendous success! After five email exchanges, I wonder: what could a company do to assure me it cares about my patronage? I decided that a phone call would be too presumptuous. I also decided that offering a modest discount on future purchases would be reaching too far. Finally, I stumbled upon the perfect solution, which to my wonder, you also reached: return my money on your schedule! Is it possible that we have spent so much time together, we're beginning to think the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment